Galveston County Bar Association
10 Best
Family Law Top 10
Avvo Rating
Texas Bar College Member
Family Law Section State Bar Of Texas
Board Certified Family Law, Personal Injury Law
Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists
Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
Houston Bar Association

Houston and League City Separation Agreement Lawyer

Separation Agreement Contract

Divorce is a very difficult and complex process. The decision to dissolve a marriage does not start and stop with a petition for divorce and eventual court order. There are at least two real people with real emotions involved, and the ultimate finality of the divorce is not always an easy place to reach. It is common for couples to be unsure about the divorce, and reconciliations do occur from time to time… at least for a while. You may know that you need a separation from your spouse, but you may not know if you want the permanence of a divorce. Unfortunately, Texas does not recognize legal separations and has no provisions for court actions regarding legal separations.

Nevertheless, in Texas, couples who wish to formally separate without seeking a divorce have a few options available to them and discussing them with a knowledgeable League City Separation Agreement Lawyer will give you a better idea of what is right for you. These alternatives allow couples to establish legal boundaries and address important issues while remaining legally married. It is essential that couples seeking a formal separation consult with an experienced family law attorney.  In League City, Rob Musemeche is board certified in family law and has spent his entire career dedicated to crafting creative solutions to complex problems with compassion and professionalism.

Informal Separation: Couples can choose to separate informally without involving the court. They can live separately and establish their own informal agreements regarding child custody, financial matters, and property division. However, it’s important to note that without a legally binding agreement, disputes may arise in the future, and if they do, there is no judge or other arbiter to decide who should “win” the argument.

Request a Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship (SAPCR) order: if you have a child or children under the age of 18, agreeing on a parenting plan is important in implementing a separation. After you have decided on a plan, you should follow up with an SAPCR order request. Under this order, your parenting plan will be reviewed and approved by a family court. If you cannot agree on certain aspects, the court will help in deciding. The court will then issue an SAPCR order that legally governs parental aspects such as child custody, support, and visitation.

Create a partition and exchange agreement (postnuptial agreement): A postnuptial agreement, also known as a postmarital agreement, can be entered into after marriage to establish the terms of separation. This agreement can address issues such as property division, financial obligations, and spousal support. It allows couples to have a legally binding document that outlines their rights and responsibilities while remaining married. A partition and exchange agreement allows each spouse to transfer marital property, or a portion of it, to the other spouse so that they can gain a controlling ownership interest and so that the property is treated as separate property. The agreement is signed by the parties and filed in the clerk.

It’s important to consult with a qualified League City Separation Agreement Lawyer to discuss the best option for your specific circumstances. An attorney can provide guidance, draft necessary agreements, and ensure that your rights and interests are protected throughout the separation process. In League City, Rob Musemeche is board certified in family law and has helped his clients find separation solutions to fit their needs.

Contact the Musemeche Law Firm Today

The Musemeche Law Firm is in Webster, Texas, in the Clear Lake (League City) area between Houston and Galveston. To schedule a confidential consultation with Attorney Rob Musemeche and our team, call (281) 475-4145. Our friendly staff is available to answer your questions, address your concerns, and help you take the first step towards a resolution. You can also reach us by filling out the quick and easy contact form located from the CONTACT US drop down tab, and also found throughout the website. We look forward to hearing from you, and having the chance to provide you with the trusted legal representation you need.

Remember, when it comes to family law matters, having the right attorney by your side can make all the difference. Trusted since 1988, League City Separation Agreement Lawyer Rob Musemeche is your steadfast advocate in the courtroom and beyond.

Client Reviews

Rob Musemeche was excellent. If you are a Father who wants nothing more then to be there for your kids and not get ran over by the “traditional” treatment men get in Texas, you can bet your bottom dollar Rob Musemeche...

Alex R.

Rob is very easy to work with. He helped keep me calm during my divorce process and assured me everything would be alright. I felt as his billing was efficient and that for what he did in 2 months for me, the price was...

- Haley B.

I recently had the privilege of being represented in a private family law matter by Mr. Musemeche. I found him from a google search and decided to schedule a consultation based on the great reviews on google. I met Mr...

- Zack C.

Wow!! For family matters this is the lawyer you want on your side! Not only does he get the job done but will explain every possible direction and have it covered! He’s very straight forward and makes sure you are aware...

- Julie S.

Robert Musemeche was exactly what I was looking for when needing a lawyer for my recent divorce. Not ever having needed a lawyer before, I was a bit nervous in finding one. From the first consultation Rob and his staff...

- KT

When I found myself in need of the guidance of an attorney, I was terrified. After watching my elderly mother spend tons of money and heartache in a ridiculous lawsuit for 3 years, I was sure all attorneys were awful...

- Trina F.


Webster Office
711 Bay Area Blvd #540

Webster, TX 77598

Schedule a Consultation

Fill out the contact form or call us at (281) 475-4145 to schedule a consultation appointment. (Video conference available).

Leave Us a Message