Temporary Orders

Temporary Orders

Helping Clients Obtain a Temporary Order in the League City, Friendswood, and Clear Lake Areas

Unlike other states, Texas does not recognize legal separation. For this reason, you can be either married or divorced in the Lone Star State. That is why spouses who want to live apart or intend to get divorced can benefit from obtaining a temporary order.

If you are looking to obtain a temporary order in the League City, Friendswood, or Clear Lake areas, seek help from our experienced attorney Rob Musemeche, the founder of Musemeche Law, P.C.

When do You Need to Obtain a Temporary Order?

A temporary order can help bring stability to a difficult situation when you and your spouse are separated or seeking a Texas divorce. You may benefit from asking a Judge to issue a temporary order in the following situations:

Voluntary vs. Court-Ordered Temporary Order

A temporary order can be either signed voluntarily or imposed by a Judge:

Also, the judge may require the parties to try mediation before a temporary order hearing. Mediation is a less formal process that allows the spouses to negotiate a mutually acceptable temporary order with the help of their attorneys and a neutral, third party mediator.

Contact an Attorney to Obtain a Temporary Order

A temporary order hearing can feel like a trial because it is a formal process that requires the parties to provide testimony and evidence. Also, depending on your case, the judge may question witnesses to issue a temporary order.

It is understandable that emotions will run high when attending this hearing and presenting your case in front of the judge, especially since a temporary order can affect the outcome of your divorce.

For this reason, it is highly advised to be represented by a skilled temporary order attorney in the League City, Friendswood, or Clear Lake areas to help you present your case in the most convincing manner and fight for your rights and interests. 

Reach out to Musemeche Law, P.C., to discuss your situation. Our reputable and experienced attorney Rob Musemeche is committed to helping clients through this process to ensure that they obtain a favorable temporary order. Call 281-475-4145 to schedule a case review.